Sisters Habitat for Humanity
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time, 20 – 25 hours / week.
Occasional evening events and meetings required
Starting Pay: $23-28 / hour DOE
Consults with: Executive Director, Finance Committee, Other Habitat Staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Quick Books accounting software and Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently on diverse tasks
- Proficiency in financial systems, including budgeting (non-profit preferred).
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people
- Experience working with volunteers, or volunteer groups, preferred.
- Experience with community organizations preferred.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Using QuickBooks, prepare checks from approved bills for the affiliate office, building program, Thrift Store and ReStore.
- Make Tithe payments to Habitat International
- Monitor balance of checking account to ensure that there are sufficient funds available to cover costs and transfer funds from other accounts when necessary
- When necessary, contact vendors with questions regarding bills
- Record automatic deductions (SHOP), deposits of mortgage payments, donations and misc. in QuickBooks
- Make deposits at bank
- File paid invoices and maintain Accounts Payable files
- Create new files for new vendors
- Purge older files annually in accordance with SHFH Records Retention Policy
- Coordinate bill approval process with Construction Manager
- Close each Construction In Progress account when homes are completed
- Make required journal entries for in kind donations and prepaid insurance
- Order checks and deposit slips when needed
- Back up Quick Books on at least a weekly basis (one copy to be kept off site).
- Process Payroll using authorized Payroll Provider
- Calculate and prepare quarterly retirement funding checks for qualifying staff.
- Track vacation and sick leave
- Assist with development of yearly affiliate budget and store budgets
- With the Chairperson, coordinate monthly Finance Committee meetings
- Prepare monthly Board Financial Reports (Treasurer, Delinquency, Thrift Store and ReStore)
- Provide financial information to Executive Director and other staff upon request.
- Prepare House Cost Variance Reports at the end of each build
- Attend Board Meeting on a quarterly basis to review the Quarterly Financial Report
- With Data Base Manager, monitor mortgage payments
– compare Quick Books to Keystone monthly
– maintain tracking spread sheet for each family
- Calculate new Tax and Insurance impound payment requirements and send letters to families each November
- Send mortgage delinquency letters and keep Program Manager and Executive Director informed of any delinquency issues.
- Cross train with Family Services Manager to assist with Mortgage Origination requirements
- Complete all paperwork necessary to execute a home sale.
- Stay current with annual training to be a Qualified Loan Originator.
- Prepare installment payments to Affiliate Insurance, health insurance and SAIF
- Assist with annual review and renewal of policies
- Add and delete properties from Affiliate insurance policy (homes rented etc.)
- Coordinate any insurance claims
- Ensure Lockton Safety information is distributed to other managers
- Coordinate bank signature cards for new Board officers
- Maintain file and prepare information for annual audit and tax return